At Al Madinah School we have a daily assembly. Each assembly begins with the recitation of the Quran and a group dua led by the children. The groupings for the assemblies then varies on each day. On Monday we hold a whole school awards assembly in which certificates are given to those children that displayed excellent learning and behaviour in the previous week. On Tuesday we hold a key stage assembly where each key stage get together and are given a key stage relevant assembly. On Wednesday children remain in their class for a class assembly and on Thursday we have a whole school assembly in the main hall. On Friday the assembly takes place after lunch alongside with Jumma prayers.
Each day a different teacher leads the assemblies and they are centered around a main theme such as peace, compassion etc.
School assemblies are an important part of the school curriculum and allow us to nurture a positive school ethos which embeds key values into the school environment.
Purposes of a school assembly include the following:
- To develop a feeling of affiliation and unity among students.
- To acquaint students with the school programme more clearly.
- To develop in students a sense of identity with the school.
- To enable students to share their experiences, stories, anecdotes with others.
- To provide them training in good social behaviour desired in public life.
- To motivate students by positive reinforcement in the form of praise or rewards awarded in public.
- To celebrate key events.
- To facilitate moral and religious development of students.
Please click here to see our timetable for School Assmeby upto the end of Autumn Term.