At Al Madinah we believe that Physical education and sport have a vital role to play in the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children. Subsequently, our vision is to provide the highest quality P.E for all children in order to create the following pupil outcomes:
- Pupils who enjoy P.E and sport, both in school and the community. They are eager to take part in P.E and smile a lot!
- Pupils who are committed to P.E and sport and make them a central part of their lives
- Pupils who understand that P.E and sport are an important part of a healthy, active lifestyle
- Pupils who have the confidence to get involved in P.E and sport and who do not fear failure
- Pupils who have the skills and control that they can apply to a variety of aspects in P.E and sport
- Pupils who experience and willingly take part in a wide range of competitive, creative and challenging activities, both as an individual and part of a group
- Pupils who are able to adapt their skills in varying situations through reasoned decision making
- Pupils who show a desire to improve and achieve to the highest levels in relation to their own abilities
- Pupils who have the stamina, strength and suppleness to access more prolonged and demanding activities
These outcomes will be achieved through a carefully developed curriculum that aims to provide pupils with the opportunity to take part in a wide range of sports and physical activities, including Gymnastics, Hockey, Lacrosse, Netball, Badminton and many more. It will develop, motivate and enthuse every individual child to become a lifelong learner. There will be a great, positive feel about physical activity in school where every child will feel confident and ready to participate.
PE Curriculum Overview 2016-2017